fredag den 1. februar 2008

Copenhagen Fashion Week

As Copenhagen Fashion Week starts next week I thought it would be a good time to talk about some of the cool designers showing their work. So in the following few days I’ll be posting more on Danish fashion designers than I usually would. Apart from the fashion shows there will of course be lots of other fun stuff going on and Nerd Girl will do her best to be everywhere at once – or a least somewhere.

Wood Wood
They started with a small basement shop in the city centre with skater clothes, edgy street wear mostly for boys. Wood Wood t-shirts were a sure hit for my boyfriend’s x-mas gift years in a row. And then came the Adiddas sneakers – colourful and fun. Along with the larger store came also finally women’s wear.
The style of their S/S 08 collection had paler colours than usual, but still showed the signature blend of street- and sportswear. I like the women’s wear for its edgy cut – high waists and baggy dress shapes. I guess its the understated street style and sharp simplicity that appeals to me here.

The overall look for the S/S 08 ‘wood wood-girl’ is still fun, but with loose shirts and more feminine prints.I’m very excited to see what they’ll come up with for their A/W08.

Ingen kommentarer: