søndag den 25. januar 2009

Iittala espresso cups


There is nothing like a good cup of coffee and I’m a big fan of strong espressos. And what better way to enjoy one, than in one of these beautiful cups by Iittala. The illustrations are by Klaus Haapaniemi, a really interesting Finnish illustrator who has worked with, among others, Diesel, Levis and Marimekko. Looking at his other illustrative work it becomes clear to me that he usually works with much more elaborate and colourful motives and that the owls and curvy details on these espresso cups might be a bit simple for his usual style. Among other things he has created a beautiful set-design for Cacharel catwalk:
Homemade biscotti
With espresso steaming out of these beautiful cups, you need a bite of something sweet to complete the coffee experience. On that note I made my own biscotti with almonds and chocolate. I did my best to make sure they did not end up being too hard to chew and at the same time still crunchy enough to dip in the coffee without it leaving a soup of crumbs in there.

2 kommentarer:

Shelly's Style Shop sagde ...

I love coffee and biscotti. mmm....you need to post your recipe for the biscotti! ;-)

xoxo, Shelly

Unknown sagde ...

Hi Shelly,
I'll post the recipe for you a little later on - but you will get it, I promise ;)